Diving instructor BEES 2, he moved to Moorea in 1998. Alongside his responsibilities in a dive center, he studied at CRIOBE * Moorea for 6 years and has been graduated from the EPHE * in 2010 about the Behavioral Study of the lemon shark population (Negaprion acutidens) in a “shark feeding” site (Opunohu). In 2011, he founded the non-profit organization “Observatory of Polynesian Sharks’ which includes hundreds of shark enthusiasts observers. Moreover, Nicolas is still working with the CRIOBE, especially to set acoustic tags on tiger sharks. He is the co-author of several publications dedicated to Polynesia sharks (see list of publications below)
Baptiste Le Bouil
Passionate about the underwater world, Sylvain made his first bubbles in the Mediterranean sea at only 8 years old. Several years later at The Reunion island, he decided to make his passion his job and gets his BEES 1. Diver adventurer, he wets his fins at the 4 corners of the planet and in 2016 he decided to come and settle in Moorea to fulfill his dream: to live and dive in Polynesia.
* École Pratique des Hautes Études au Centre de Recherches Insulaires et Observatoire de l’Environnement
- Mourier J, Buray N, Schultz JK, Clua E, Planes S (2013) Genetic network and breeding patterns of a sicklefin lemon shark (Negaprion acutidens) population in the Society Islands, French Polynesia. PLoS ONE
- Mourier J, Planes S, Buray N (2013). Trophic interactions at the top of the coral reef food chai Coral Reefs
- Clua E, Buray N, Legendre P, Mourier J, Planes S (2011) Business partner or simple catch? The economic value of the sicklefin lemon shark in French Polynesia. Marine and Freshwater research
- Clua E, Buray N, Legendre P, Mourier J, Planes S (2010) Ecology Progress Series
- Clua E, Buray N, Legendre P, Mourier J, Planes S (2010) Behavioural response of sicklefin lemon sharks Negaprion acutidens to underwater feeding for ecotourism purposes. Marine Ecology Progress Series
- Buray N, Mourier J, Planes S, Clua E (2009) Underwater photo-identification of sicklefin lemon shark, Negaprion acutidens, at Moorea (French Polynesia). Cybium
Planes, S., Mourier, J., Buray, N., Juncker, M., Roberts, M., Clua, E., 2007. Etude des populations de requins en Polynésie française. 64p.
Clua E, Buray N, Mourier J, Planes S. 2010. Business partner or simple catch ? About the economic value of the sicklefin lemon shark in French Polynesia. Sharks Internationnal. Cairns. Australia. June 2010
Mourier, J., N. Buray, E. Clua, S. Planes (2007). Ecology and behaviour of a sicklefin lemon shark (Negaprion acutidens) population at Moorea Island (French Polynesia). 11th Annual Science Conference of the European Elasmobranch Association. 23-26 November.
Buray, N., E. Clua, Mourier, J. & S. Planes. Population size, residence patterns and reproduction of a sicklefin lemon shark population (Negaprion brevirostris) visiting a shark-feeding location at Moorea Island, French Polynesia. 11th Pacific Science Inter-Congress,02-06 March 2009, Tahiti.